Our nation-wide call for mentors is open to seasoned professionals from a not-for-profit or corporate background who have at least five years of experience in the areas of corporate sponsorship, marketing and/or board governance in the cultural sector. We accept mentors from a diversity of areas such as, but not limited to, consultation, fundraising development, corporate philanthropy, marketing, and board governance. The mentorship program is one year in length. Volunteer mentors are accepted on an ongoing basis and may join at any time.
B/A welcomes mentor applications from all qualified individuals and encourages applications from equity-seeking communities, including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a mentor, please complete the Mentor Statement of Interest and a representative will contact you with further information. If you have any questions about the artsvest Mentorship program, please contact Jessica Vellenga, Associate National Director email@example.com 416.869.3016 x229
Throughout the program cycle, we will be covering content areas such as:
– Recruitment, orientation & training
– Board roles and structure
– Diversity, inclusion and pluralism
– Bylaws and legal requirements
Fundraising and development
– Corporate Sponsorship
– Planning and prospecting sponsors
– Activating and stewarding new sponsorship relationships
– Cultural training
– Working with volunteers, boards and staff
Marketing & Communications
– Developing and leveraging your brand
– Audience development and retention
– Public Relations and promotion
– Social Media marketing and strategies
A mentor is:
- Willing to provide clear insight and feedback on topics relating to their field;
- Ready to volunteer as an artsvest Mentor for the full length of the program (1 year) or more;
- Prepared to commit up to 5 hours per month during active months of mentorship;*
- Ready to contribute to the program evaluation process by providing meaningful feedback on their experience;
- Able to attend a mentor orientation and welcome session at the outset of the program.
**Mentors are not always asked to volunteer each month, as program needs may vary.
As a mentor, you will enjoy:
- Attending artsvest Mentor training, program celebrations, invitations to special B/A events, and other special offers;
- Networking with other successful mentors in your industry;
- Complimentary access to B/A’s Sponsorship Tutorial Series, a six-module online training for arts sponsorship;
- Official recognition as a B/A artsvest Mentor via your LinkedIn and other social media networks;
- Raising your individual profile through exposure via B/A channels, website, and newsletter (total reach 10,000+), if desired;
- Making a positive impact and helping to support and develop the capacity of arts & culture organizations;
- Contributing to the vitality of the cultural sector in Canada;
- Ongoing knowledge-sharing with peers.
B/A will support you with:
- Mentor training materials and orientation;
- Flexible scheduling of mentoring sessions informed by your availability;
- Support and mediation in communication with mentees;
- Technical support before and during virtual mentoring sessions;
- Regular check-ins to ensure your mentorship experience is rewarding and meeting your expectations.