Creative Lead: Graphics and Motion
Business / Arts is committed to equity in our policies, practices, and programs. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from people who identify as Indigenous, racialized, 2SLGBTQ+, living with a disability, or a religious minority.
This will be a remote-work position so we are open to accepting applications from anywhere in Canada.
The Ideal Candidate:
The Creative Lead is a self-starter, innovative thinker with a creative eye, who has the pulse on what’s trending in design, technology, and has the organizational ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects. With a passion for the arts, they are forward-thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, goal-oriented and love working within a collaborative team.
About the Role:
The Creative Lead is an integral member of our team, responsible for creating visual concepts and providing technology and communication support for Business / Arts programs and affiliated events including Speaker Series, Awards Celebration, Canadian Arts Summit, and more! You’ll work very closely with the communications and event team as well as with senior management to lead project management. The Creative Lead will need a keen ability to take initiative, set goals and spot opportunities for the short and long-term success of Business / Arts.
Principle Tasks – Creative
- Oversee the creative process and collaborate with the larger Business / Arts team including the Communications and Engagement Associate, the Canadian Arts Summit Program Director, the Events and Program Manager and Senior Management on program and initiatives
- Collaborate on the long-term creative vision for Business / Arts and its relation to programming and events
- Carry design and creative projects from concept to completion while adhering to Business / Arts brand guidelines
- Design and execute digital, motion, and printed materials that effectively support the messaging and communications goals of Business / Arts
- Collaborate with the Communications and Engagement Associate on new ideas for branding, communication campaigns and messaging.
- Maintain, and update when necessary, Business / Arts branding and guidelines
- Maintain design files and ensure consistency with Business / Arts branding materials including logos, fonts, graphics, etc.
- Manage relationships with any external communication suppliers (writers, printers, videographers, web developers, etc.) and work with contractors, freelancers and vendors when appropriate
- Guide creative direction of the annual Awards Celebration, including design, theme and concept
Principle Tasks – Technology
- Maintain and enhance websites by adding and improving design and interactive features (with support of Communications and Engagement Associate)
- Ensure coding standards are met; optimize the web architecture for navigability, SEO, accessibility Backup and maintain B/A’s website and subsites, including all databases
- Support the technical requirements of virtual webinars and events
- Manage external web development service providers when necessary
- Video recording and editing of online events and in-person interviews, events, etc.
- A minimum of 4 years’ design experience
- Animation and motion graphic experience is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of common industry applications (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator)
- Experience with project management software (Asana is an asset)
- Familiarity with video editing software programs (i.e. Adobe Premiere and After Effects)
- Experience with OBS or similar broadcasting services is an asset
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and experience working with WordPress
- Experience with online webinar technology including Zoom, and event platforms (experience with PheedLoop is an asset)
- Comfortable working on bilingual design projects (English and French)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of production, prepress, print and web based technologies
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and decision-makers
About Business / Arts:
Business / Arts champions business investment in the arts and builds strong, lasting partnerships between the arts, business and government in Canada. Since March 2020, Business / Arts has hosted over 35 online sessions attracting over 15,000 viewers, providing urgently needed information, skills, training and comfort to thousands of arts organizations nationwide.
What you can expect:
This is a 12-month contract position with the opportunity to renew.
The monthly contractor fee ranges from $4,200 – $4,800
Business / Arts welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are particularly interested in and encouraged to receive applications from equity-seeking communities, including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
How to apply:
Please send an application (resume, cover letter and design samples preferred) with the subject line “Creative Lead: Graphics and Motion” to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 4, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com