Communications and Engagement Associate
Business / Arts
The role of the Communications and Engagement Associate will be to amplify the work Business / Arts is doing to build partnerships between the business and the arts sectors: because there is power in partnership.
Using the Business / Arts communications framework, brand guidelines and organizational strategies, the Communications and Engagement Associate will be able to work with our team to gather program information and pull communications together with a distinctive and consistent, professional voice and look for Business / Arts. By producing and disseminating compelling content on our many communications channels, the Communications and Engagement Associate will position Business / Arts as a thought-leader that encourages collaboration, partnership and exchange.
The Communications and Engagement Associate must be a skilled writer who has a knack for story-telling and can customize our messaging for different audiences and platforms. They are a social media whiz with a strong sense of design. They have some knowledge of both the arts and business sectors and have an interest in forging partnerships across the two industries. Able to work independently and remotely, the Communications and Engagement Associate must also be a collaborative team player.
- Implementation of communications and marketing materials for all programs, events and platforms
- Project management and dissemination of online content
- Manage all social media platforms and engage our community
- Collaborate with the Creative Director on updating website content and managing MailChimp communications
- Collaborate with Business / Arts team to promote and produce virtual and in-person events
- Support the artsvest program team’s outreach and communications needs
- Support Business / Arts sponsorship activation and fulfillment as well as collaborate on funder reports
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years relevant communications, marketing or PR experience
- A talent for writing clear, concise copy for multiple audiences
- Demonstrated experience managing and creating content for social media
- Project management abilities
- Strong design skills and competence in graphic design software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Canva or other platforms. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects would be an additional asset.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and SEO
- Competence with website CMS
- Knowledge of contact management systems and experience producing membership newsletters and other similar communications
- Passion and knowledge of the Canadian arts and culture sector
- Keen ability to take initiative, set goals and spot opportunities
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Fluency in French will be considered a strong asset
This is a one-year independent contractor position, with the option to renew. The contractor’s annual fee ranges from $45,000 to $48,000.
For the immediate future, this will be a remote-work position so we are open to accepting applications from anywhere in Canada.
Business / Arts welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are particularly interested in and encouraged to receive applications from equity-seeking communities, including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Please send a C.V. and cover letter with subject line “Communications and Engagement Associate” to email@example.com by January 25, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org