Watch: Is Digital Here to Stay? Building resilience in the arts
At the top of this session, Nik Nanos, Chief Data Scientist and Founder of Nanos Research, shared the latest findings of the Arts Response Tracking Survey, a partnership between Business / Arts, the National Arts Centre and Nanos Research, which polled over 1,000 Canadians to gauge their attitudes on returning to and supporting the arts across Canada.
We were also joined by leaders from three arts organizations who have kept their audiences engaged remotely and adapted their programming to a virtual format. We explored what types of digital alternatives are available, as well as the opportunities and challenges that exist within them.
- Jozef Spiteri, Partnerships Manager, The Phi Centre
- Mieko Ouchi, TD Associate Artistic Director, The Citadel Theatre
- Neil Middleton, Vice-President, Marketing and Sales, Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
- Nik Nanos, Chief Data Scientist and Founder, Nanos Research
The fourth tracking survey provides insights into current and future methods of consuming cultural content and examines culture-goers’ comfort levels participating in virtual and in-person cultural activities in 2021 and beyond.
Resources on Delivering Digital Programming:
- Communications during COVID-19, by the Azrieli Foundation, the Ontario Nonprofit Network and the Philanthropist
- Offers and answers: A Feild Guide to Creative Collaboration in Digital Spaces
- Pivot Online: A Toolkit for Artists and Nonprofit Organizations, by the Government of Alberta
- Presenting Online Programming, by Culture Days
- Social Media During COVID-19: A Quick Guide for Canadian Museums, by the Association of Nova Scotia Museums, BC Museums Association, Museums Association of Saskatchewan and the Yukon Historical & Museum Association
The Arts Response Tracking Survey is undertaken as a partnership with Business / Arts, the National Arts Centre and Nanos Research, with the additional support of David Binet and Christine Armstrong and Irfhan Rawji, patrons from the National Arts Centre Foundation.
Arts Response Tracking Survey (ARTS)