Watch: Advocacy: The State of the Arts in Canada
As a special edition of B/A’s Speaker Series, we are excited to offer a unique, crossover event with the 2021 Canadian Arts Summit. The April edition of the Speaker Series features the panel discussion: Advocacy: The State of the Arts in Canada, previously held at the 2021 Canadian Arts Summit.
Moderated by Nichole Anderson Bergeron, this panel addresses one of the Summit’s key pillars of advocacy. In this session, Sean Casey, Vice President, Cultural Industries at Global Public Affair provides an overview of Budget 2021, analyzing the proposed funding for restoring the arts and culture sector.
We are then joined by municipal arts leaders who share the work they have been doing to help their communities remain resilient during these challenging times, and their united call for a federal Basic Income Guarantee for artists.
- Claire Hopkinson, Director and CEO, Toronto Arts Council
- Nathalie Maillé, Executive Director, Montréal Arts Council
- Patti Pon, President and CEO, Calgary Arts Development
- Sanjay Shahani, Executive Director, Edmonton Arts Council
- Sarah Iley, Steering Committee, Canadian Arts Coalition
- Sean Casey, Vice President, Cultural Industries at Global Public Affairs
Resources from this session: