Organizations are to acknowledge Business / Arts and the Government of Canada for the contributions received in any promotional activity related to the funding received using the Wordmark/Logo.
Organizations – Eligible
- Must be an arts, culture or heritage organization operating in a region or municipality where the artsvest program is operating.
- Must have been in existence for a minimum of one completed fiscal year with active programming.
- Must provide arts, culture or heritage programming, products or services that are accessible to the public.
- Must be an incorporated, not-for-profit organization, society and/or registered charitable organization with arts, culture or heritage as a part of their mandate and core activity and a publicly accountable structure with an active Board of Directors.
- Organizations, groups, cooperatives and collectives which are not incorporated may apply under the umbrella of a local organization of their choosing.
- For artsvest application purposes, an umbrella organization is an incorporated not-for-profit organization or a registered charity that has been in existence for at least 2 years and can submit applications for and on-behalf of an unincorporated arts organization, cooperative, or collective in their local community. Umbrella organizations must complete an Umbrella organization application.
- Umbrella Organizations, board and staff are not liable nor responsible for submitting applications, sponsorships or reporting on behalf of the artsvest organization they are partnering with. The only obligation the Umbrella organization has is to accept and distribute the artsvest cheque to their partner organization
- Indigenous arts groups are eligible to apply as incorporated not-for-profit organizations or unincorporated collectives which operate on a non-profit basis.
- Must have an operating budget of less than $1.5 M for the most recently completed fiscal year.
- Must have attended an artsvest information session in the current artsvest program year.
Organizations – Ineligible
- Religious institutions
- Health, social service, and sports organizations
- Government agencies and political parties
- Public educational institutions (with the exception of independent, non-profit arts schools)