At the top of the session, we were joined by Nik Nanos, Chief Data Scientist and Founder of Nanos Research, who shared the latest findings from the Arts Response Tracking Survey (ARTS). The fifth edition of the ARTS provides valuable insights into culture-goers’ sentiments toward the return to in-person activities and their views on corporate sponsorship within the arts. Download the report.
The session also featured a response panel with arts leaders from across the country, who shared their recent experiences managing relationships with sponsors, partners and donors. We discussed new approaches, strategies for progressing partnerships and key considerations as we plan for reopening.
- Kathy MacKenzie, Director, Development, Arts Club Theatre
- Kevin A. Ormsby, Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts (TAPA) Board member and Chair of the TAPA Corporate Working Group, Program Manager at Cultural Pluralism in the Arts Movement Ontario (CPAMO), and Artistic Director of KasheDance
- Stuart Keeler, Senior Curator and Manager, TD Corporate Art Collection
- Nik Nanos, Chief Data Scientist and Founder, Nanos Research
Ressources on preparing for the return to the arts:
- The Arts Response Tracking Survey – July 2021, by Business / Arts, the National Arts Centre and Nanos Research
- The NAC Guide to Support the Re-Opening of Canadian Performing Arts Centres and Venues, by the National Arts Centre
- TAPA COVID-19 Impact Survey #4 Results, by the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts (TAPA)
- #Lights-On: Recovery and Reboot in Live Entertainment, by Ryerson’s School of Creative Industries, Toronto Arts Council and Toronto Arts Foundation, with support from the City of Toronto, TO Live, SOCAN and TAPA
- The Covid Protocols Guidebook for the Arts Sector and Live Events, by RISE UP Calgary
The Arts Response Tracking Survey is undertaken as a partnership with Business / Arts, the National Arts Centre and Nanos Research, with the additional support of David Binet and Christine Armstrong and Irfhan Rawji, patrons from the National Arts Centre Foundation.
Arts Response Tracking Survey (ARTS)